Code of Conduct
Shree HinglajKrupa Education Trust managed
Shree Krishna Arts College, Lakhani
PROFESSIONAL CODE OF ETHICS
- Faithfulness to the institution and Profession
- Professional integrity
- Respect and Equality
- Work Autonomy
- Professional Responsibility
CODE OF ETHICS FOR TEACHING & NON-TEACHING STAFF
The Following Code of Ethics is laid down for the guidance of Teaching & Non-Teaching Staff.
- Every Teacher shall, by precept and example, inculcate in the minds of the students entrusted to his/her care, love for the Motherland and Her children.
- Every employee in an educational institution shall maintain punctuality, regularity and faithfulness in their respective duty.
- Every Teacher shall organize and promote all College activities which foster a feeling of universal brotherhood among the pupils.
- Every Teacher must be strictly impartial in his / her relations with all his / her students. He / She should be sympathetic and be helpful, particularly to the slow learners.
- No Teacher shall indulge in or encourage any form of malpractice connected with examinations or other college activities.
- Every teacher shall be clean and trim, and not casual and informal, while on duty. His/ Her dressing shall display the dignity of their work.
- Every Teaching / Non-teaching staff should be punctual in attendance, in respect of his/ her class work, as also for any other work connected with the duties assigned to him/ her by the Principal
- Every Teacher shall avoid any monetary transactions with the students or parents or colleagues.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PRINCIPAL, TEACHING & NON-TEACHING STAFF
- The principals shall be given appointment orders signed by a Representative of the Management.
- Other employees of the institutions run under Trust shall receive appointment orders signed by the Principal of the respective institution.
- The process of the appointment of the Principal shall be initiated and handled by the management.
- The principal of an institution in co-ordination and under guidance of the management shall proceed with the new appointment of Teaching and Non-teaching posts.
- Principals are directly answerable to the Managing Committee of the Trust.
- The accounts of the expenses and leaves of the Principals shall be sanctioned by the Management while the accounts of expenses and permission of leaves to the employees of an institution shall be looked after by the respective Principal. The Principal shall seek guidance of the Management wherever he/she deems necessary.
- The employees shall complaint in written to the respective principal if they have problems with other employees. The principal shall resolve the issue. If there is a matter to be submitted to the management, it shall be forwarded through the principal. If an employee has grievances against the Principal, he/she shall appeal to the Executive Director. Executive Director shall resolve the issue or consult the management in its regards in order to reach a solution.
- Any matter from a principal or an employee shall first be presented to the executive committee in Lakhani. Nobody shall complaint directly to the Office Bearers in Gujarat. The principal shall first present the matter to the Executive Director and try to solve it. If it is not sorted out amicable, then only it shall be referred to Local Executive Committee of Lakhani.
- If Local Executive Committee of Lakhani is not able to solve the issue, it shall be sent to the Managing Committee in Lakhani. The Managing Committee shall suggest certain instructions or may draft an amendment in the Code of Conduct.
- All the employees working in the institutions of Trust shall abide by the rules of University, UGC, Secondary Board, Government and all the concerned councils.
- No employee shall directly contact the Managing Committee telephonically or any other means of communication. If an employee wishes to contact the Managing Committee, he shall take his problem to the Executive Director and try to convince him on his desire to contact the Managing Committee. The Executive Director consult the Managing Committee Lakhani and then issue the instructions to the employee accordingly.
- No employee of teaching section shall deliver private tuitions free-of-charge or with remuneration. Any such activity is prohibited even under the name of his family members too.
- No employee of teaching section shall deliver private tuitions free-of-charge or with remuneration during office hours or after that. He/she shall seek permission of the Management if he/she wants to carry out teaching activity free-of-charge.
- An employee shall seek permission of the Executive Committee in case he wishes to join a course for career advancement.
- An employee shall not participate in any activity against the Management/ Educational Activities. If he/she is found involved in such an activity, he shall be subject to disciplinary action.
- All the employee shall obey the instructions of Hinglaj krupa Trust or he shall be subjected to disciplinary action.
- All the employees shall follow the rules of the institution and work in co-ordination with other employees of the institution. It is mandatory for the employees of HKT to be a part of any activity organized by HKT.
- Every staff should abide by the rules and regulations of the college and HKT and show due respect to the constituted authority, diligently carrying out instructions issued to him/ her by the superior authority.
- Every employee shall avoid smoking, chewing tobacco or consuming any intoxicating content during the hours of duty. If an employee is found harbouring such undesirable habits, he shall be subjected to disciplinary action. This prohibition shall be application to any person entering the campus at any time.
- If an employee breaches the rules his/her institution, he shall be served with a written memorandum. If such an employee is served three memoranda, an inquiry shall be set to look into the matter and a disciplinary action may also be taken.
- If an employee participates in any social activity other than the institution, he/she shall have to seek prior permission of the Head of the institution. The activity should not be against the welfare of the society.
- It is ideally expected that all the employees in an educational institution maintain punctuality, regularity and faithfulness in their respective duty.
- Any confidential matter regarding the administration of HKT or any other matters related to any of the institutions shall not be disclosed to outsiders, Press, Government Agencies etc. without prior permission of the HKT. Anybody found involved in such an activity shall breach the Code of Conduct and be considered for serious disciplinary action.
- Any illegitimate comment by an employee regarding Management or any of the Office Bearers in front of public or social media shall invite legal procedure against the concerned person.
- No Teaching or Non-teaching staff shall be a member of any political party or carry on activities either openly or in camera in support of any such party.
- No Teaching / Non-teaching staff shall be a member of the state or central legislature or any other body of local Self-Government. He/ She shall resign his/her job before standing for election as a candidate. No teacher shall be member of any banned organization/clusters nor shall have any link directly or indirectly with such organization/clusters.
The prime objective of the Institution is to inculcate the following Human and Social Values in the minds of Students through education.
- Love for all
- Humanitarian Attitude
- Respect for Nature
GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT FOR STUDENTS
- Students shall be given admissions on merit and within the rules of reservation policy of Government of India.
- No seat earmarked for a reserved category shall be opened for a general category student.
- In case of extra demand for admission from reserved category students, the unclaimed and vacant posts of General students shall be allotted to desirous students belonging to reserved category.
- A student who does not claim his/her admission within a fixed time limit shall not have any right to claim it afterwards.
- Such unclaimed seats shall be offered to the students in the waiting list on bases of merit.
- Students shall reach the classrooms in time.
- Every student should wish the staff members on his/her first meeting of the day.
- When a member of the staff enters the classroom, the students should stand up as a token of respect.
- Students shall maintain strict silence in the classroom and also while moving in college corridors.
- The power to take disciplinary action against a misbehaving student is inherent with the Head of the institution.
- No student shall leave the classroom without the permission of the staff concerned.
- Students shall enter the staff rooms with the prior permission of HoD or faculty for specific purpose.
- Students shall maintain dignity and decorum during common college functions.
- Students shall keep the campus clean and green.
- Monetary transactions for any purpose without prior permission from the Principal shall be called misappropriation or cheating and shall be subject to disciplinary action.
- Smoking inside the college campus is strictly prohibited.
- Misbehaviour and malpractice in connection with academic endeavour will lead to suspension or dismissal.
- Students are not permitted to use mobile phones in the classrooms, library, language laboratories, examination hall etc.
- Students shall cultivate reading habit by making use of the library effectively during the leisure time.
- Students shall submit their assignments and projects on time.
- Students are expected to read the notices put up on the college notice boards. Ignorance of any notice thus displayed will not be accepted as an excuse for failing to comply with the directions contained therein.
- Students responsible for any deliberate damage to the furniture, electrical installations, doors, windows or other properties shall be fined heavily at the discretion of the Principal, whose decision shall be final.
- Vehicles must be parked parking areas allotted to them.
- Students who ride two-wheelers shall wear helmets compulsorily.
- Eve teasing and ragging are strictly prohibited. Students found guilty of such activities are liable to be summarily dismissed from the college.
- The Principal shall have the final and absolute authority to penalize, dismiss or suspend any student whom he finds guilty of misbehaviour or violation of the rules of the college, inside or outside the campus after conducting such enquiries as he deems fit.
- Students shall use Wi-Fi strictly for their educational purpose only.
- Students shall represent their grievances and suggestions in writing to the Principal through their respective HoD.
- Students shall abide by the good name and traditional culture of the institution through good conduct and self-discipline on the campus and in the classroom.
- In case, any criminal case is registered against a student by the law enforcing authorities, he / she should intimate the same within 24 hours to the Principal, failing which, he / she is liable for disciplinary action leading to expulsion.
Students riding two wheeler should have valid driving license and should wear helmets. Students’ vehicles are restricted to the parking lot and they shall not do rash driving inside the premises. The Management will not be responsible for any damage or loss of the vehicle parked in the parking lot. The parking facility for vehicles is provided on campus. Students shall park the vehicles on first-come-first-serve basis. Separate parking space is allotted for the students and the staff. Nobody shall use the parking area reserved for the Divyangjan.